All of our vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants are of excellent quality and extremely fresh. This is one of the many benefits of small scale farming: we can pay careful attention to quality while growing, selling and eating all within the same neighbourhood.
Here is what folks are saying about our vegetables:
- your cucumbers are sooooo sweet
- the lettuce is so fresh and delicious – it was still fresh after 10 days in the fridge!
- i eat everything raw, it’s so good. the zucchini, everything…
- we’ve never had such sweet broccoli
- oh, that swiss chard is good. my father used to grow it like that (this means a lot since it comes from an 86 year old customer!)
- kohlrabi is my new vegetable
- the granola is the best i have ever tasted
The earth of Aylmer Backyard Farms starts producing lettuce and other cold loving plants as early as mid-May usually until end November. However, the “real” basket of veggies becomes available late June, early July.
Here is an idea of what you might expect to see on any given Saturday in:
July: arugula, beets, carrots, swiss chard, spinach, green onions, zucchini, peas, lettuce, herbs
September: kale, peppers. carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, lettuce, spinach
Please come and visit us at our food stand every Saturday morning from June until end September at the Boulangerie aux deux Frères. See our contact page for more details.